Tuesday, August 26, 2008

another day


I'm spending some time at the cafe while Chris and the boys are having poker night, complete with a recently purchased hookah. I had fun tonight making pizza in my new pan for dinner, and then kettle corn for the guys. I also came to the conclusion that I will never be able to make it like my friend Krista. If only I had a Whirly Pop!

We have tried some new foods lately, like garlic pickle for spice and are now using powdered milk. It seems more economical and can last longer; just add water and go! I don't really drink milk, and Chris seems to love it, so I think we'll stick with that for awhile. We also ate freshly made shwarmas at the market the other day. Check out all the juicy details about them on wikipedia.

I know that we've done a lot lately, but I feel like there isn't too much to tell. Last night, Chris and I took a long stroll through our block and walked through many of the local shops. It was interesting to do at night because they all have these wacky neon signs. I'll try to get a picture up soon. On Sunday night, we wanted to go to a church service and it took about 2 hours to figure out where we were going. They sure don't make them easy to find...Alas, we made it after walking through a construction zone, and actually met up with a really nice lady who was the information officer of the American Women's league here. She's also a teacher at a different school, and she plays the French horn, so she and Chris hit it off. We are all supposed to do something tomorrow night, but I can't remember what. I'd better call her!

Thursday is our first orientation day at school. I'm really looking forward to having something to work on consistently. Surely, I enjoy being able to do whatever, whenever, but I like routines, too. We'll keep you posted.

-Photo from the rail trail near West Boylston, MA

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    shawarma sounds tasty!
    Wish I was with you in the cafe!
    Good luck with orentation starting soon!
    Erin

  2. Anonymous said...

    mmmm...the shwarmas sound good. so did you end up making it for the church service? Praying for you guys as you approach the school year. :) (Destiny)

  3. Stephanie said...

    We did end up making it to the service, sort of. We bustled into the 5pm around 6:30, then realized it was the 5pm service. When it was over in about 10 minutes, we raced down to another building in the compound to the real 6pm service, in time for some worship and the message.