Tuesday, June 02, 2009

25


It's not every year that one turns 1/4 of a century. I can say that it seems no different than 24, and will probably be no different than 26. How did anyone ever start celebrating birthdays, anyway?

On Sunday, I had a fairly normal day of teaching and church in the evening, so Chris and I went to a tasty Arabic restaurant on Monday night. I would venture to say that no one else in my family has ever tried raw minced lamb, and probably never will, so I guess that's a one-up on my part. Once I got past the fact that I was really eating it, I found it quite good on bread! Beside that, we had lamb chops, hommos, and baba ganoush (Don't quote me on spelling). Talk about a protein diet.

We can see the end of the week approaching, albeit too fast for me. I only had one set of my exams taken until today, when I received the other 72. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day! Since Chris is nearly finished with his grading, he will help...I love that guy.

Everything else around here is fairly quiet. Packing mode has not kicked in yet, so I will end up doing a lot this weekend. Tonight, I had my last tutoring session until we come back. Things are wrapping up quickly!

19 days to the U.S.
Oh my gosh! 19 days?

1 comments :

  1. Jen said...

    Happy Birthday! You're right, not many people have raw minced lamb on their turn-of-the-century bday. I sure didn't...oh wait a second. So happy to see you soon! Love you.