Monday, June 15, 2009

Round #2


I. AM. SO. TIRED.
But, it's kind of a delirious, happy tired.

We have had a crazy last few days. From traveling to Antalya, Turkey on Friday and Saturday to flying back to Istanbul today, I am wiped out. In the last 48 hours, I have flown in and out of the country, canceled our residency until it's changed in the Fall, made sure everything was out of our old apartment, gone to church, made several errands, forgot my passport at the bank and had to return immediately for it, said my goodbyes for the summer, and slept a grand total of 9 hours. It is nap time.

While our last days in the region were really busy, I can say they were good. I am content to have accomplished everything that was on my list, only to make another for the summer. The big difference will be that this one includes a few more fun activities.

In Antalya (be sure to see the pictures!), we enjoyed the luxuries of being in the Western world while technically still being in the East. We spent time at the beach, waltzed around the city, swam at the hotel, and generally just lounged for two days in-between five days of being busy. It was a much needed and well received respite. If too much sun is my greatest worry, I would say I'm doing well at this point. God is good.

For the remainder of the week, we will make our way through Istanbul and around Western Turkey, hopefully including Ephesus. Ultimately, what we do is up to my sidekick, but I am putting in some more votes for relaxation.

6 days to the U.S.

0 comments :