Saturday, May 30, 2009

Free at last!

We are done with classes! The only thing (at this point) that separates us from vacation is Exam Week. Once I plow through 97 exam papers, I will be free to vacation with Chris and Kyle in the cities of Beirut, Damascus, and Antalya from June 8th-13th. This will be our last intense adventure before we head to Istanbul, Turkey and the Mediterranean coast on June 15th. I am looking forward to this R & R time and getting out of the 120° weather…it’s so hot! I can remember talking with Cyndi H. about her and Matt’s time over here. She compared the weather to standing in an airplane engine’s exhaust, and I’d say that’s about accurate. Fortunately for us, we get to spend a lot of time in the A/C.

We are moving to a new apartment next Sunday, which should give us a little more room and let us be closer to the sea. I have begun the process of organizing things into two piles: what we don’t need or will bring to the States this summer and what we can leave here. Most of my efforts will come next week when we need to prepare before going away. I laugh every time I pack, because I don’t know where my new “home” will be the next time I pack. If my calculations are correct, I’ve moved roughly every year for the last eight years. It can be quite the escapade to adjust, but I continue to learn the meaning of these verses:

“The heart of a man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.”
“I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps.”

As it looks, we will be settled in the same place in Kuwait for a few years, but who knows. It’s not me.

22 Days to the U.S.

0 comments :