Monday, November 10, 2008

Kenya, anyone?



As of this week, I have been afforded the opportunity to go to Kenya on a safari field trip with the high school girls during winter break. It's pretty unbelievable so far, but I will be with three other chaperons and we're taking eight girls. We fly into Nairobi on the 18th, and we'll return on the 24th at 1 or 2 in the morning (Lord willing, and if we all live!).

Pros:
1. Kenya. Hello.
2. I'll get to go on a cool trip that I don't have to pay for.
3. I've always wanted to go to Africa and see some of the things that Chris has seen (i.e. wild lions).
4. It's a short trip, but it will be long enough to enjoy.
5. The flight is four hours long; it will take a lot less time to get to a different continent than it took to get here.

Cons

1. Chris doesn't get to go.
2. I leave the same day as our anniversary.
3. I am en loco parentis for eight teenage girls on a different continent. I guess that's not any different than a trip to Cedar Point, right?
4. I could get killed by an angry hippopotamus.
5. Yellow Fever vaccine. Yuck.

+Photo from dailymail.co.uk

2 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    Go, I will take care of your Mom and Dad.

  2. Anonymous said...

    what an amazing opportunity, what is the trip for?

    I pray that you will make the right decision.

    Thanks for sharing your foreign experiences, I live vicariously through the two of you.

    Sara