Saturday, September 06, 2008

Kuwait Towers: Revised

Sorry that I posted some random pictures the other day. Everything became a hurry all of a sudden because our principal told us on Sunday that we would need to turn in the rough draft of our curriculum, year, semester, and quarter plans, as well as introductory parent letters by Thursday. Needless to say, we are busy now, but I only have three separate classes for which I have to write a syllabus. Praise God! I will be teaching five classes total, but only three different preps. I will probably have to cover a few other class occasionally during my break periods, but I think that won't be too much extra work. It's always kind of fun to be a substitute.

As far as the pictures, they are pretty much self-explanatory. It was fun to go at night and see all of the city lights, though we can't do too much during the day anyway because of the heat. REad about them here: http://www.kuwaittowers.com/indexEN.aspx
Playing in the grasses
From the bottom
You can see: the central rotary- (at 4 lanes wide but usually six cars across, things get interesting), the Sheraton, Mariott, and other hotels, the Liberation Tower
You can see: a spot on my camera lens, the main gulf road (far right) that runs along Kuwait Bay and Arabian Gulf, and the tip of the 3rd tower
Inside the largest tower
From far away

4 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Are you kidding?! ALL that info by Thursday? wow...i know what you guys have been doing with your time. :) Have you met any girls from your school yet?
    Great pics! (Destiny)

  2. Stephanie said...

    Thanks, Des; I knew you could empathize. For the 3 preps, I have the difficult part done and just have to finish plugging in some tentative weekly activities. It is going swimmingly!

    Yes, I am making some new girl friends (is that an open or closed compund word?), and last night, a couple invited us and another couple over for iftar (breaking the fast). Talk about delicious food...I'll have to give you call somtime. If you get any strange numbers, it's me!

  3. Anonymous said...

    Steph - So sorry I didn't get to say good-bye to you guys before you left. I left a message on Chris's phone only to hear from Erin that it had already been turned off. Am happy to hear all the traveling and settling in went well. Look forward to keeping up with all your adventures on the blog. Thiking of you both and praying for you often.
    xoxo pw

  4. Stephanie said...

    PW! We were sad that we didn't get to see you, too. I know you all were in the great North having the time of your lives though, so we'll just have to see you next summer. Thanks for your prayers; they mean so much.
    P.S. Give the kitties a squeeze for me!