Sunday, April 20, 2008

A day of rejoicing


Why am I rejoicing? Well, no new reason in particular, but for the same reason that I should always be rejoicing! Quickened by this morning's message (see the Church link to find it- recent Sunday morning messages), I am really eager to use today as a chance to commune with God and be in fellowship with my husband. One thing that stuck out to me from the message is that our primary purpose for being is to know and worship God; it's not to be a great teacher, or a good wife, a so-so guitar player, or an okay photographer (though we can worship God through all of these things and he calls us to do some of them). Our first calling is to know God intimately, give Him glory in our speech, and praise his name. I think I am often more like Martha, but today will make effort to be more like Mary...sitting at the Lord's feet.

0 comments :