Saturday, April 05, 2008

Artist Review

I recently discovered a music artist that I really enjoy, one that could be a new favorite- Sondre Lerche. He's a young, twenty-something hailing from Norway, and an accomplished singer/songwriter/producer. I stumbled upon his music in the movie "Dan in Real Life." (I'd recommend this one if you like funny, sad, cute movies, although Steve Carell isn't in his typical Michael from The Office form here.) The soundtrack got Jocelyn, Rachel, and I into some spontaneous dance moves, which led me to do some more research.

His music is pretty clean for a secular artist, and he has a very unique style, borrowing from many different genres. One of the reasons he caught my ear most is because he can write many different styles of music, something that many artists can't do, but he relies on an acoustic, Beatlesy feel.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Does dancing typically lead you to research? ...just curious...
    :) sara

  2. Anonymous said...

    ooo, nice find steph! totally my kind of guy!
    ehw