Monday, February 11, 2008

How great is Your love?

Recently, I have been thinking more about the magnitude of God's love for us, the things that He has done to wash us of our sin and reunite us with Himself. Even as I have asked God to show me more of Himself and His love for me, He has been faithful to answer. God's ways are so much higher than ours, His purposes divine and far beyond what I can comprehend, though I know more will be revealed to us as we bow at His feet.

Here is a verse from a great song that expresses but a few things that Christ has done in His death and rising for those who trust in Him.

"You knew darkness that I might know light
Wept great tears that mine might be dried
Stripped of glory that I might be clothed
Crushed by Your Father to call me Your own."

How Deep by Stephen Altrogge - listen to a clip here

0 comments :