Tuesday, April 23, 2013

more for music lovers

My taste in music is all over the map these days. With time off this week for my school's Spring Break, I've been listening almost 24/7 because I don't get to as much as I'd like. Here are some recommendations I'd like to make, so take 'em or leave 'em. I should mention that none of these artists are particularly "new," but I've just been finding out about the. We don't get to catch on to everything as quickly here!

John Mark McMillan
Probably occurring most in my playlist this week is this singer/songwriter out of Charlotte. He's got a folksy rock sort of style and sings a lot about God's character and real life. You might have heard the song "How He Loves," originally written by JMM but covered by bands like David Crowder and others. His voice is not pretty, but real.

Citizens
Chris has actually been listening to this group, which is surprising because he does not often voluntarily listen to music. A self-proclaimed "high energy indie-rock band" from Mars Hill Church in Seattle, this group does some new stuff with old hymns. I like their song "In Tenderness."

Alabama Shakes
This band kind of has their crazy own little southern rock/soul thing going on. They were nominated for Best New Artist of 2013 at the Grammy Awards. I like their song, "I Ain't the Same" and a few others, too.

I'm also listening to some Mumford & Sons, but they have been on the scene for awhile.

0 comments :