Sunday, January 15, 2012

The New Year and other random things

Well, here I am back in Kuwait and enjoying all of my own amenities again. I love visiting the States and being around many of my favorite people, but there's something to be said about not living in a suitcase.

I spent the New Year on three different airplanes. This time, my trip back went from Pittsburgh to Chicago, then Abu Dhabi, final destination Kuwait. I'm not sure why, but on my 2 hr. trip from Abu Dhabi to Kuwait, I was upgraded to Business Class. What a great surprise for a 2am flight! I left Christmas and the snow in Chicago, though I understand that the East Coast has actually become cold since I left.

at O'hare International

Since coming back, we've been tutoring students for exams a lot. Many of the American schools in Kuwait have their semester exams in the next week or two, and my bread-winner is out making the dough. That makes our schedules are a little more hectic than usual, but I like finding these little treats when that happens.


We also celebrated our friend Dina's second 29th birthday last week, at a Chinese restaurant called Tang Chao. It's near our house at the Holiday Inn complex, which I've been to twice in two weeks, the other time for a breakfast with my friend Anita. The buildings are less than a block away, but I really haven't had a reason for going there, so that makes three total times since moving here.

Me, Rasha, Dina, Shetha, Chris
When it rains here, it either pours or drips mud, and we've been having a lot of the pouring kind lately. It's the season for it, and it characteristically starts and stops somewhat suddenly. The heavy rains are usually thunderstorms, so sometimes we get to see some spectacular lightning shows. At any rate, it's enjoyable.


0 comments :