Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Out of China, Into Madness

We just got back from our vacation to China, which was amazing. More than anything we saw or did, it was wonderful because Chris and I spent nine days of unhurried time together. It was great.

In the next few weeks, I'll be posting about some of the adventures we went on and some of the strange things we saw while in China, the foremost of "habits" being that people spit a lot. Everywhere. That sounds super stereotypical, but truly, it's not an overstatement. Men, women, and children alike love to get a good cough out in the morning and let it fly. Gross, yes. I think I had to duck once or twice to avoid it.

This week, I'm finishing report cards, typing up meeting minutes, organizing a Thanksgiving dinner, attending four to five church functions, and then crashing on Saturday, so I probably won't post much. Here are some pictures to hold you.


from our favorite little lunch place in Hutong, Beijing
  
just enjoying an outdoor walk, Imperial Summer Palace, Beijing



0 comments :