Friday, November 18, 2011

21 Bundles of Joy

...more like bundles of exhaustion hyped up on ice cream, but I love my kids, and I love Zoo Day. 

Class 1A, 2011-2012
The more years that I'm an educator, the more I find that increased "obstacles" make my job more rewarding. Sometimes, initially working with particular students is so mind-boggling and frustrating that I lose a lot of sleep. Now into Quarter 2 of the school year, we (especially the girls) are reaping the benefits of consistent discipline, consistent practice, and lots of love from their teacher. I guess that rearing children is a little like this, and it's a little like my walk with God, but He isn't perplexed by my slowness to learn or be obedient.

Now, to the personalities. If you click on the picture, you can enlarge it.
Check out:
- my "diva," last row, 3rd from right.
- the sweetest girl ever, front row, on the ground to my left
- the...most active...one, front row, 3rd from left
- my sweetheart who hasn't spoken to me yet, front row, over my right shoulder
- Kuwaiti Barbie, my assistant (I would tell her this!), last row, 2nd from right

All the rest of them make my days and my heart very full, too.

0 comments :