Saturday, December 20, 2008

To Egypt for Christmas

Well, we're off again, but this time a little less smoothly. Thus far, our flight has been delayed for about 2.5 hours, so we're just relaxing in the airport. At this point, we have an hour until we board, so I have resorted to blogging.

There are a lot of places and activities that I could highlight from our most recent trip, but I want to take time to honor my hubby. Chris and I celebrated our third anniversary on Thursday of this week, and I couldn't be more delighted. Also, I think this is the first time that just the two of us have vacationed together abroad, so we'll get to see how we travel as a pair. I'm grateful that he would be willing to treat us to an Anniversary/Christmas vacation.

Even before we were dating, Chris was setting an example of what a godly person should look like. He's often looking to others' interests first, and is passionate about caring for people from different cultures. Throughout college and in these first years of our marriage, he's wanted to reach out to international students and help them feel some sense of comfort as they were away from their homes. This guy puts his given social skills to good use!

He's also cared for me and put my needs above his own. I remember a week that I was horribly sick after we had been married for only a month or so; even though he was substitute teaching and beginning his Master's degree, Chris dropped everything in the evenings so that he could stay by my side and tend to my every whim. He often still defers to me for our leisure activities and plans. It's so easy to serve a husband this caring.

Happy Anniversary, Chris. I love you, and hope we get to celebrate many more.

0 comments :