Friday, December 26, 2008

Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Merry Christmas, everyone! I can't remember what we usually do the day after Christmas, but for me, it usually involves eating cold turkey sandwiches with mayonnaise. That may sound repulsive to some, but I'm pretty sure it's near heavenly. At any rate, I hope you're all having a great day.

We are hanging out in our hotel in Cairo, and just returned from a visit to the Pyramids of Giza. We probably spent a good six hours there, checking out the various angles, the panorama, and the Sphinx. Afterward, we decided we were tired of eating falafel and shwarma, so we went to the Pizza Hut for lunch; I've never been at a Pizza Hut that has such a nice view.

Last night, I had the amazing opportunity to witness part of an Egyptian wedding in the hotel. It was extravagant to say the least, and a really unique experience. Once we're home, I'll post some of the pictures and video, although I was too busy watching what was going on to concentrate on what I was doing. You might get dizzy after watching it.

We will leave for Luxor on Sunday, and then fly out of Egypt on Wednesday morning. Until then, Happy New Year.

0 comments :