Wednesday, June 12, 2013

2012-2013 is finished!

We have finished the 2012-2013 school year with lots of fun and festivities, as well as a few sad goodbyes.

On Sunday, I took my darling husband to the airport for his next adventure in Jordan. From what I can tell, he's mostly enjoyed running in fresh, dust-free air and hanging out with our friend Brad, who he's staying with while there. He finalized his Arabic lessons schedule yesterday, and he was supposed to start at 8am this morning. I hope to get another update this afternoon.

In the meantime, I have finished my school year. We threw a surprise baby shower for two of my colleagues that are expected to deliver during the summer. The ladies were totally shocked and appreciative, and the whole elementary staff came to enjoy it. Team "Grade 1" is the best.


As with tradition, yesterday was our final staff day and the school-wide breakfast. We get to school around 8am and eat an amazing catered breakfast provided by the school director. Afterward, awards are passed out to honor those with 5 & 10 years of service, as well as those leaving the school. It's always a fun day (mostly because we finish at 10:30...), but it's hard to say those last goodbyes to people leaving. This year, my elementary principal is retiring, a lady who I respect and care for dearly. Next year will be very different without her, but as always, I know that the elementary team will carry on and do what we do best.

 

In other news, I'll be in the States next Tuesday! I'm ready to get out of the dust, but it's hard to leave here every year. Our friends and colleagues have become like family to us, but we miss our friends and family in the States still. Oh, the complexities of living and working overseas!

6 days 'til Boston
10 days 'til Pittsburgh
20 days 'til Chris



0 comments :