Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to Rebekah, Chris, and Kuwait!

We have a lot of February birthdays around, including several of my friends', my niece Bekah's on the 12th, and Chris' on the 14th. This year, a few friends and I bought Chris a new flat-screen TV for his birthday; it was a little tricking having the company deliver and wall-mount it while keeping it a surprise, but I pulled it off! Chris was spoiled this year with a surprise party, two fun weekends of activities, and a big present, but I don't think he minded. More pictures of our adventures are to follow.





This year's National Day celebration is a big one for Kuwait, as the country celebrates its 50th anniversary of independence, its 20th anniversary of liberation from Iraqi forces, and the 5th anniversary of the current Emir being in power. On Tuesday at school, our students showed their Kuwaiti pride by wearing the colors of the flag: red, white, green, and black. On Wednesday, each student wore a dura'a, a tanora (traditional Kuwaiti dresses), or Kuwait colors again. We also had a special Grade 1 luncheon with Arabic food, and a show with performances by different classes. This year, my class did not participate, but maybe we will next year. Here are some of my little divas doing their thing:



3 comments :

  1. erin said...

    what fun days! we should have a kuwait fiest this summer.
    love, ehw

  2. Christina said...

    Um...and your nephew....

  3. Stephanie said...

    I know! I sent Nick a gift to Mom and Dad's already. I was just thinking of birthdays that already happened.