Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

Not bad for being taken by a 6 yr. old

Class 1A
Yesterday, we finally had our 1st grade field trip to the zoo. We had had previously canceled it on the day I left for the States because of inclement weather (i.e. a major dust storm).While not the most spectacular display of animals in origin-simulated habitats, I thought the zoo wasn't too bad for being in Kuwait. They have animals like porcupines, foxes, rabbits, and raccoons on top of your ordinary lions, giraffes, and elephants. They also have some kinds of wolves and bears, things that I would see in my backyard, but they have never seen before!

They day went pretty smoothly, except for the instance that I almost took out some Kuwaiti high school boys for talking to us...that would not have gone over well. At the end of the day, we bought all the girls ice cream and headed back to the school. Thankfully, they had P.E. for the last period of the day, so I didn't have to rein in all the hyperactivity.

0 comments :