Sunday, January 04, 2009

back at it

(Here's a picture of Chris and I that one of our friends took before church last week. As usual, I am not looking at the camera.)

Today was our first day back to school, and I'm pretty glad. Vacation is great, but I know very certainly that I'm not meant to be lazy all of the time. It feels good to be back in the trenches, ahem, in the classroom and starting afresh with the kiddos. Hopefully, we'll have a great round of exams and a smooth start to the new semester.

Also, I've started to help coach a girls' softball team for a friend. There is a community league that has teams of girls from ages 10-16 on each team, which makes things interesting. Standing on the field in the 45-50 degree weather, with the wind whipping around my face brings back some cold memories! Because of my school schedule, I am only able to make one out of two practices every week, so there isn't much of a strain on my time. It's just enjoyable to help out when I can.

1 comments :

  1. erin said...

    thats awesome. they are never going to want you to leave.
    e