Saturday, December 08, 2007

Thanksgiving


Some were fools through their sinful ways, and because of their iniquities suffered affliction; they loathed any kind of food, and they drew near to the gates of death. Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! And let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving, and tell of his deeds in songs of joy!
Pslam 107:17-22

Give thanks today, in light of all that God has done for us and the things from which we were saved! Often, I can forget the great things that God has done in my life: the love he has caused in me for him, the ways he has been faithful to provide for me and heal me, and the protection he has given me from evil and dangerous situations. Greater than all of these is the fact that he has removed from me my sin, "as far as the East is from the West" the Bible says. God no longer counts me as a sinner and a wretch, but as one of his children; I am a daughter of God. I have and will be spared the pain and suffering of eternity without God. I will be with him in Heaven where there is no such thing.

I want to be quick to give God thanks, and "tell of his deeds in songs of joy."

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Oh me too! Thanks for the reminder!
    ew