Saturday, November 17, 2007

The path


"This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow
God, give us peace and grace from You, all the day"
-Jars of Clay, "This Road"

Oh, to always follow the path that God desires for us! Did you ever wonder why humans rebelled in the first place? Why when the serpent tempted Adam and Eve did they choose to disobey God? I guess it just shows the extent to which we all desire what is best for ourselves, and our inner sinful nature. They gave up the road of perfect obedience and joy for what they thought would be pleasing for a short time.

Though we who know Christ now are continually being transformed into the likeness of Him, we can fall into selfishness, laziness, and apathy toward God and the path that He has laid out for us. Only He can keep us on the path of righteousness, so ask Him today to give you more love for Him, a greater love for His word, and more faith for what He may have in store for you. Only when we obey Him and are seeking Him will we find the most joy and peace. God just made us that way.

1 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Hey Girl! I love that song; it's one of my favorites! I'll give you a call soon. I've be sick this whole time I've been home and not having any fun. And “I miss you like crazy, I miss you like crazy”….another song…